Earlier, principles of Vastu Shastra were for the conservative, and Feng Shui was for the more modern mindset; but now you have astrologers and pundits offering you a combination of both. You can see houses that have their beds and sofas placed according to Vastu, and décor adhering to Feng Shui; like a Buddha facing the door and wind-chimes over the windows. These two ancient sciences have a solution for almost anything, and with the internet exploding with tips, guides and how-to blogs, it is easy to lose sight of what you really wanted to achieve when you started out. Here is a Vastu-Feng Shui 101 with basic Vastu for the home and Feng Shui suggestions in terms of the direction of furniture, décor selection, temple placement, and the works!
Place of Worship
A place of worship is an integral part of an Indian home. Some may not believe in the ideas of Vastu or Feng Shui, but, when it comes to something holy like a temple, the flow of energy definitely needs to be appraised and tuned. There isn’t much fuss here; just a few simple steps for the positive energy to flow into your home. Based on Vastu shastra for home, the rooms of worship, prayer and meditation should ideally be located in the north-east area of the house. Alternatively, they can also be in the north or the east area. While worshipping, one should face the East, and idols should not exceed 6 inches in height. It is advised that one should not sleep in the same room as a place of worship. An ideal position would be one where you face east or west while praying. The guidelines for the place of worship are nearly the same in Feng Shui and Vastu Shastra for the home.
The Bedroom and Wealth
The master bedroom should be located in the southern section of the house, and if the bedroom is located in the north, it’s believed that the likelihood of unrest in the family increases. The bed should be placed in such a way that the headboard is towards the south or the west while sleeping, always avoiding to sleep with their head towards the north. Family members should avoid taking meals in the bedroom as doing so is believed to cause ill-health, especially if they eat while sitting on the bed. Keeping divine idols in bedrooms should be avoided. If the house has more than one floor, then the master bedroom should be on the top-most floor, and the ceiling should be level and unbroken. This maintains a uniform energy through the room, which in turn gives one a steady state of mind. Basic Vastu remedies advise that children’s rooms should be in the north-west or the west and, for higher levels of concentration, they should have a separate study close to their bedrooms. Wealth and cash should be stored in the north, which means you should be facing north when storing or retrieving cash, and jewellery should be kept facing the south as it’s said to increase the wealth.
Other Parts of the Home
- The dining room should be facing west as it is ruled by Saturn that symbolises the path of Bakasura, the representation of the hungry.
- If you plan to keep plants at home, it is suggested that you avoid thorny plants like cacti, and avoid growing plants along the north and east walls.
- The north-east, north-west, north, west and east corners are best for a study room. These directions attract the positive effects of Mercury increasing brain power, Jupiter increasing wisdom, Sun increasing ambition and Venus helps in bringing about creativity in new thoughts and ideas. Alternatively, the study room can also be located in the same direction as the bedroom. The study room and place of worship situated adjacent to each other or in the same room is an ideal arrangement.
- The main gate of the house should have two panels. The main door on the outer side should not open inside the house, and the doors in the house should not creak.
- The bathroom should ideally be located in the east or in the north-west, but never in the north-east. The wash basin should be mounted on the eastern wall of the bathroom and the geyser should be installed in the south-east corner.
Interiors and Decor – Feng Shui for Homes
Feng Shui and Vastu shastra for home may seem a little unusual to someone who hasn’t followed these practices before, but now there are a variety of items to choose from and you can embrace your choice in your own way. While there was just one kind of laughing Buddha that people gifted each other earlier, there are now idols of many different poses. One very beautiful item of décor from Feng Shui is a small water-flowing system which recycles water, where the water flows inside instead of outside. The significance of this is that just like the water in the fountain, good health, wealth and happiness will always keep flowing into your life.
Keep in mind the basic Feng Shui tips, like you are not supposed to purchase a Buddha or bamboo plant for yourself – it is supposed to be gifted to someone during an auspicious event like a house-warming. If your Buddha idol is kept facing the entrance of your house, it is said to bring happiness to your family. Wind-chimes placed on bedroom windows minimise fights at home and problems between the members of the household.
Back to All Thane Real Estate Articles
Get More Information About Flats in thane For More Real Estate In Thane Details Visit Propertythane.com